Directors of Graduate Studies
The College offers graduate programs in many departments.
The 2014-15 Director of Graduate Studies (DGS) meetings are scheduled in 318 POT at 3:30pm on the following Wednesdays: September 10, October 8, November 12, December 10, February 11, March 11 and April 8. It is requested that a department representative attend when the DGS is unable to meet.
- Policies and Procedures for Directors of Graduate Studies.
- A&S Certificate for Outstanding Teaching for College of Arts and Sciences graduate students.
- T. Marshall Hahn Fellowship Award for College of Arts and Sciences graduate students.
- Graduate School Dean's Scholarships
(TENATIVE Internal deadline noon Jan. 21, 2012, memo and form from 2010)
- Provost's Outstanding Teaching Awards for Teaching Assistants
(4:00pm submission of initial nomination to department chair. See procedures timeline.)
- NSF Fellowship Tips document and weblink (September 29, 2010)
Directors of graduate studies also use a variety of forms, which may be accessed below:
Academic Offense procedure
A&S Course Inventory
Curriculum Proposal prepartion:
Instructions for Submission of Proposals
submit courses online
submit Graduate Certificate, MA/MS, or PhD by Senate forms
University Submission Procedures
On-line Education Distance Learning (DL)
Research bibliography, on-line syllabus template
Request to offer a course for one semester as:
A&S 100, 300, or 500 Special Course: subt req
Curriculum Proposals submissions to:
A&S Educational Policy Committee (requires LinkBlue authentication)
A&S Educational Policy Committee submissions to:
UK syllabus template and University Senate Syllabus checklist