The 2023 A&S Summer Undergraduate Research Award application has closed.
Information on 2024 award process will be posted December 2023.
See below for 2023 award process information.
How do I login to ScholarshipUniverse?
- Click here to access ScholarshipUniverse.
- Enter your UK linkblue email and password.
- Answer all student profile questions provided.
- Click on the “Scholarships” tab to begin applying for scholarships.
For questions regarding SU, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please upload a PDF of your research proposal. The research proposal should be 250-500 words and include:
- A title;
- Background information about your project;
- A question/hypothesis or main goal that your summer project will address;
- A description of your proposed study that includes specific goals, methods, and expected outcomes.
- In one paragraph, explain how you have prepared for this research project.
- In one paragraph, how will participation in this SURA program help you achieve your career goals?
- Is there any additional information you would like to provide?
Individual student awards of $5,000 will be granted for students to participate in faculty-sponsored research this summer. Research programs are determined in consultation with a faculty mentor, but typically involve 20 hours per week for 10 weeks, or something similar.
Students should consult with a faculty member to write a 1-2 page research proposal (250 -500 words); please bear in mind that the review committee consists of faculty members from a range of disciplines, so proposals should be written for a general audience.
Once the application is submitted, the mentor will receive an email request for a letter of recommendation. Students will be notified early-March about their applications.
Eligibility guidelines: The Office of Undergraduate Research https://our.uky.edu/ requests that, during their time at UK, individual undergraduate researchers receive no more than one academic-year research award, one travel award, and one summer research award.
Please contact Dr. Mark Meier email@example.com for further information.
Independent Study / Independent Research
Talk to a faculty member, or contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies in your department to enroll in a credit-bearing 395 course in your discipline during the Fall or Spring semesters.
- College of Arts & Sciences Internships
- Experiential Education Program
- UK Office of Undergraduate Research
- NCUR: National Conference on Undergraduate Research
- WilDCats at the Capitol