By Afton Fairchild Spencer
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 14, 2014) — Six University of Kentucky educators were recently named recipients of the UK Alumni Association 2014 Great Teacher Award.
The recipients are:
- Mark Coyne, College of Agriculture, Food and Environment
- Jonathan M. Golding, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Zaki-Udin Hassan, College of Medicine
- Jerzy W. Jaromczyk, College of Engineering
- Cyndy Miller, College of Communication and Information
- Dr. Paul Murphy, College of Medicine
Award recipients will be honored at the UK Alumni Association Great Teacher Award Recognition Dinner Tuesday, March 4. They will also be recognized during the Kentucky vs. Alabama men’s basketball game later that evening.
The Great Teacher Award, started in 1961, is the longest-running university award recognizing teaching. In order to receive the award, educators must first be nominated by a student. The UK Alumni Association Great Teacher Award Committee, in cooperation with the student organizationOmicron Delta Kappa, then makes the final selections. Recipients receive an engraved plaque and cash prize.