by: Whitney Harder
(Jan. 21, 2015) — Six University of Kentucky educators were recently named recipients of the UK Alumni Association 2015 Great Teacher Award.
The recipients are:
- Sameer Desai, College of Medicine, Emergency Medicine
- Pearl James, College of Arts and Sciences, English
- W. Brent Seales, College of Engineering, Computer Science
- Timothy R.B. Taylor, College of Engineering, Civil Engineering
- Tim L. Uhl, College of Health Sciences, Athletic Training
- Irina Voro, College of Fine Arts, Piano
Award recipients will be honored at the UK Alumni Association Great Teacher Award Recognition Dinner Saturday, Feb. 21. They will also be recognized during the Auburn vs. Kentucky men’s basketball game that evening.
The Great Teacher Award, started in 1961, is the longest-running university award recognizing teaching. In order to receive the award, educators must first be nominated by a student. The UK Alumni Association Great Teacher Award Committee, in cooperation with the student organization Omicron Delta Kappa then makes the final selections. Recipients receive an engraved plaque and monetary reward.
For more information, please contact Sara-Elizabeth Bush at 859-257-8700. A more in-depth video feature is scheduled for Feb. 23 on UKNow.
The UK Alumni Association is a membership supported organization committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association or to become a member, visit www.ukalumni.net or call 1-800-269-2586.