The Certificate of Global Studies shows that you have completed 12 hours of globally-focused coursework,* defined as:
- Any course for the A&S International Studies major/minor (list available here and broken down by offerings each semester here)
- Any UK Core course for Global Dynamics at the 200+ level
- Any education abroad course
- Any foreign language course at the 300 level or above
- Any other courses approved by the faculty director because they meet the learning outcomes for Global Dynamics or International Studies courses
*Please note: You must:
- Take a minimum of 6 credits at the 300-level or above (the remaining 6 credits must be at the 200-level or above).
- Take courses in at least two disciplines
- Earn a C or higher in each course taken for the certificate
- Use no more than 9 credits to satisfy requirements for a major, minor, or other certificate program
Any questions? Not sure if a course will qualify? Contact the Director of Global Studies, Dr. Rebeccah "Bess" Dawson (firstname.lastname@example.org).