Room 3D, Chem-Phys Building
About the Chemistry Glass Shop
Jeff does a variety of things -- from simple repairs to the construction of complicated vacuum line systems. We hope to give some examples and showcase some of his work here in the near future.
To have work done in the shop, you will need to do the following:
- Bring a sketch and any parts you have down to the shop. Try to determine any necessary measurements in advance.
- Discuss your plans with Jeff and then fill out a request form. You will need a valid account number and a sketch.
- Jeff can order parts or use the ones that you supply.
- ALL PARTS GIVEN TO THE SHOP MUST BE ABSOLUTELY CLEAN. Please remember that Jeff may put his mouth to these pieces! If the glass is not clean then no work will be done.
- Turnaround time depends on who is in line in front of you, the complexity of the job and the urgency of the repair.