Undergraduate Travel Grants
The College of Arts & Sciences offers awards for international travel. These awards are for independent travel abroad to specified cities and sites, not for formal programs through Education Abroad. Please complete the travel grant application and return to 202 Patterson Office Tower.
Winter Travel Break 2014 to London, Paris and Berlin. Receive up to $1700 towards your winter break travel! International Studies Majors ONLY. Students must have 30+ earned credit hours to apply. Must have at least a 3.0 GPA to apply.
Applications are due FRIDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2014, by 4:00pm in room 202 Patterson Office Tower.
College of Arts & Sciences International Scholarships: International Studies Winter Break in London, Paris, Berlin
The recipient is required to visit at least two, your choice, of the following cities and all accompanying sites in these two cities:
- National Gallery
- British Museum
- Tate Modern
- Tate Britain, including the Clore Wing
- Imperial War Museum: The Holocaust Exhibition
- Westminster Abbey
- St. Paul’s Cathedral
- Musee du Louvre (European paintings and Islamic art gallery)
- Musee d’Orsay
- Musee national d’Art Moderne (in Centre Georges Pompidou)
- Tomb of Napoleon (in Les Invalides)
- Memorial des Martyrs de la Deportation (in garden behind Notre Dame, down the stairs by river Seine)
- Musee national des Artes asiatiques-Guimet
- Alte Nationalgalerie (Caspar David Friedrich Gallery)
- Neue Nationalgalerie
- Berlin Jewish Museum
- ReichstagHolocaust Memorial (near Brandenburg Gate), including underground “Place of Information” (“Ort der Information”)
In the case of extraordinary circumstances such as civil unrest or terror alert in one of the two cities chosen to visit, the recipient may choose to substitute a visit to that city with a visit to the third city (London, Paris, or Berlin) and all the sites listed in that city.
In the case of extraordinary circumstances such as civil unrest or terror alert, contact Tony Ogden, UK International Affairs, Education Abroad Director: (859) 257-4067 firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Dr. Carlos de la Torre, Director of International Studies Program .