Proctoring for Exams in Online Courses
Some online courses in the College of Arts & Sciences require proctoring for exams, where the exam is administered to the participating student by a trusted third party.
On campus proctoring facilities are available at times listed in the schedule below and are available to UK students, non-UK students, or others from the community. Furthermore, UK has preapproved proctoring facilities throughout the U.S., Canada, and at one location in London, United Kingdom. Some professors may elect to use an electronic proctoring service. Most facilities/services charge $25 per exam although some facilities may charge more. Students are responsible for paying proctoring fees.
*except where individual departments have made on-campus arrangements; please see your syllabus for more information. Please contact the instructor of record to discuss any issues related to proctoring within a specific course.
Below are proctoring services provided:
Summer 2013 Schedule:
- on UK's campus, in room 337 MDS (Multidisciplinary Science) Building at 725 Rose St.
- Weekdays - After hours: Monday - Friday. 5:00 pm - 10 :00 pm EST
- Weekends - 9:00 am - 6:00 pm EST
- Students can park for free after 3:30 and on weekends in the PS2 parking structure across from the K-Lair grill. More info at: http://www.uky.edu/pts/parking-info_lots-and-structures_parking-structure-2
- Registration and credit card payment is available at https://www.as.uky.edu/on-campus-proctoring
- Fee: $25/exam (payment by credit card only)
Fall 2013 Schedule:
- within the Lexington area, the Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) campus on Leestown Rd. offers proctoring (see map for directions).
- in Kentucky outside the Lexington area, the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) offers proctoring at many of their campuses throughout the state. Check the KCTCS website for instructions to arrange a proctoron one of the campuses. These are your responsibilities. Contact information for each campus is provided at KCTCS’ Proctored Test Sites web page.
- in the USA outside Kentucky, in Canada, or the United Kingdom, you may choose a proctor from one of the National College Testing Association (NCTA) participating institutions as identified at the NCTA website.
- outside the USA, Canada, or the United Kingdom, or in remote areas and if you are unable to secure a proctoring facility from the pre-approved lists, please contact your course instructor as soon as possible to make other arrangements. Acceptable proctoring locations could include a public library, a local school or university, or a local place of worship.
NOTE: If your professor requires you to use an online proctoring service, you will need to have a webcam with a microphone, headphones or speakers, a reliable, high-speed Internet connection, and a credit card. For more information see http://www.proctoru.com/tech.php.
NOTE: All services require you to bring a legal form of identification.
Student Conduct Code:
As a student enrolled in the College of Arts & Sciences you are responsible for respecting the student conduct code established for the College and the University of Kentucky. The student conduct code forbids plagiarism, cheating, stealing, and dishonesty with respect to any and all coursework. You are required to do your own work and allow all other students the privilege and right to do the same.
If you need further clarification on any issue, especially plagiarism, or need to report a violation, contact the College of Arts & Sciences, Office of the Dean. Please take a moment to review section VI of student conduct code before beginning your course.
If you have general concerns or comments about proctoring for online courses within A&S, please send an email to Derek.Eggers@uky.edu or call 859-428-7159.