Six University of Kentucky professors have recently been named recipients of the UK Alumni Association 2013 Great Teacher Award.
The recipients are:
- Karen Badger, associate professor, College of Social Work
- Dr. Roberta Dwyer, professor, College of Agriculture
- Samuel Franklin, assistant professor, College of Medicine
- John Grove, professor, College of Agriculture
- Armando Prats, professor, College of Arts & Sciences
- Gerald Smith, associate professor, College of Arts & Sciences
The recipients will be honored at the UK Alumni Association Great Teacher Award Recognition Dinner on Feb. 5, 2013. They will then be honored on center court of Rupp Arena during the South Carolina vs. Kentucky men’s basketball game later that evening.
Started in 1961, the Great Teacher Award is the oldest continuous award that recognizes teaching at UK. The nominations are made by students. Selection of the award recipients is made by the UK Alumni Association Great Teacher Award Committee, in cooperation with the student organization Omicron Delta Kappa. Great Teacher Award recipients each receive a citation, an engraved plaque, and a cash award.