FMER Materials Should Be Submitted to the Department Chair
Departmental Evaluation Report (Choose your department below). This includes syllabi and teacher course evaluation reports during the review period.
A completed Summary Reporting Form for Teaching.
A brief research plan: Briefly describe in summary form the overall research plan you are following at this stage in your career, and the directions of your research activity since the previous review. In particular, indicate how this activity fits into your overall plan. You also may address the impact of COVID 19 on your research productivity for the period under the review (through spring 2022) as well as it potential implications for your research plan, if any. (Limit to one page)
You are free to furnish your department chair with additional items as you and your department see fit. Such items might include (but are not limited to)
- A longer reflective statement on teaching
- All course syllabi for the period under review
- A discussion of instructional activities not covered in the Merit Evaluation Report for which you wish to be evaluated
- A covid-19 impact statement
- A diversity, equity, and inclusion statement
If you are in one of the departments listed below, please use the generic A&S departmental evaluation report.
If you are in one of the departments listed below, please use the department specific evaluation report.
Note: Department chairs, in consultation with the faculty person under review, should develop a formal evaluation procedure to assess the effectiveness of a faculty member who has been assigned administrative duties within the department.
Online submission of FMER material to the Dean's Office
Portfolio #2 will be submitted via email to Sarah Lyon (cc: Teresa Smith) using Adobe PDF portfolios. (Please see the ‘How to create a PDF portfolio’ document for instructions)
Each department should submit the following materials.
- Chair Rating Sheet Webform for each indivudal faculty member.
- Portfolio #2- The department evaluation report, the summary teaching form (without the course syllabi and TCE reports), and the research plan for each individual faculty member. Please use the naming convention (Last_First_Department_FMER_year). Portfolio #2 will be submitted via email to Sarah Lyon (cc: Teresa Smith) using Adobe PDF portfolios.
Note: The department should keep all copies of course syllabi, teacher course evaluations, and updated CV’s.