Event/Meeting Planning Resources
As you begin to plan your event, conference, seminar, etc., here are some resources to help you along the way.
- Pick a date. Depending on the scope of the meeting or event, give yourself ample time for planning. This can range from 2 - 12 months.
- Contact your department IBU representative and share your plans with them. They will have questions for you and help you with UK policies.
- Have your billing code. You will need it to make space reservations, order food, etc.
- Check the A&S events calendar. Confirm what else is happening that day.
- Order services if you need them (i.e. AV, catering, linens, tables and chairs, etc.).
- Contact the Hive to discuss any website, registration or promotional material needs.
- Publicize your even by adding it to the A&S events calendar.
- Contact Project Management to have your event added to the A&S events newsletter.
- Keep track of your spending and budget.
- Ask lots of questions.
If you ave any questions about planning events, send us an email and we will respond within 1 business day.