If you are planning to apply to the UK College of nursing’s traditional BSN program, beginning in Exploratory Studies in the College of Arts & Sciences will allow you to complete your pre-requisites prior to application to the major. For detailed instructions on how to apply to the BSN in Nursing program, please visit here.
Students who plan to enter the BSN in Nursing program must complete the following pre-requisite courses and some of the UK Core requirements to prepare for application to the major:
- ANA 109: Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing I
- ANA 110: Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing II
- BIO 103: Basic Ideas of Biology
- CHE 103: Chemistry for Health Professionals
- CIS/WRD 110: Composition & Communication I *
- CIS/WRD 111: Composition & Communication II *
- PSY 100: Introduction to Psychology or PSY 223: Developmental Psychology
* Eligible students may take CIS/WRD 112: Accelerated Composition & Communication II in place of CIS/WRD 110 and CIS/WRD 111.
Below, is a typical first-year schedule for A&S exploratory students completing the pre-nursing requirements on full-time status. Your courses may be slightly different, based on placement testing and courses you've already taken through dual enrollment or Advanced Placement (AP).
|Fall Semester||16 Credit Hours||Spring Semester||15 Credit Hours|
ANA 109: Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing I
BIO 103: Basic Ideas of Biology
MA 111: Intro to Contemporary Mathematics*
PSY 100 Introduction to Psychology
WRD 110: Composition & Communication I
ANA 110: Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing II
CHE 103: Chemistry for Health Professionals
UK Core Humanities
UK Core Global Dynamics
WRD 111: Composition & Communication II