Honors Section Courses
High-achieving entering freshmen are also welcome to enroll in the H-section courses, if you have received a letter of invitation from our A&S Advisors. These Honors-section courses are taught by a selection of the very best faculty in the College of Arts & Sciences; the courses are specifically geared towards freshmen, including the 200- and 300-level classes listed here. H-section courses are small in size (no more than 25 students), which means you will benefit from more attention from the professor, and you will get to know your peers. Many of these courses satisfy a UK core requirement. Take a minute to review the H-section courses to find one that interests you!
If you attended Merit Weekend in March, and have already registered, you may add these courses through MyUK, or you may contact your assigned advisor for assistance. If you have not registered yet, we look forward to meeting you soon. Please make sure to speak with your advisor about these courses when you come to your scheduled Summer Advising Conference. If you have any questions about this exclusive opportunity, please contact the A&S Advising Office at (859) 257-8712.
For Admitted Honors Program Students:
- You will need to register for a 100-level Honors course (UK 100 sections 020-035 or a H-designated section in a department) for Fall 2012; please be aware that space is limited in each section, so be prepared to register for any of them.
- You must register for an accelerated Composition and Communication course (UKC 150) for Honors students in either your Fall or Spring semester of your first year.
- Your major advisor can help you select which course will be a good fit for you; however, we remind you that the intent of ALL Honors courses are to teach you to be a scholar, a critical thinker, and an effective communicator. For that reason, any available section will give students the same outcome.
- The printed schedule book may not have the full list of available sections, since the program creates additional sections as necessary. When you register on myUK, you can view available course sections under “Course Catalog” first to see what, if any, additional sections of Honors have been added since the schedule book was printed.
- If you need assistance, you can consult your major advisor or the advisors in the registration center. You are also more than welcome to call the Honors Program office at 257-3111 to get help.
- All incoming freshmen will receive a letter by the end of June with information regarding summer reading and orientation activities.
For more information, visit the UK Honors Program